dajamou

Where's the village?

Thursday, December 01, 2011

Ain't No Thing

I don't have a "thing."

Some people have a way of describing themselves. "I'm the person who, in x situation, does y." Like my friend said tonight that she's the girl at the party who always starts picking up empty cups and bottles, three-fourths of the way through the party.

I'm not one of those people. Sometimes I help to pick up, sometimes I leave early, sometimes I crash on the couch, sometimes I wander outside and stare at the stars.

Each situation is different, and so I do different things every time. Is that my "thing?"

Or do I just not pay enough attention to myself to know who I am in different situations? Do I have a "thing" and I don't know about it? Am I predictable to everyone but myself? And would that make me happy if I were? Do I want to be known, or enigmatic?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home