dajamou

Where's the village?

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Flow.

I went to a women's circle a couple of weeks ago. It's the beginning of the year, so we did vision boards and a meditation on where we see our lives going in the next span of time.

Among other things like working on the garden and doing Shiva Nata, the word that came to me was Flow.

And I was kind of surprised, because I always thought of myself as being rather a go-with-the-flow kind of person already. But when I was describing it to the others later, the image I used was of feeling the flow pass me by rather than interacting with it or even floating along with it. Like a leaf stuck behind a rock in the stream. I could feel it passing beneath me, so I always felt like I was in it, and in a way I am. But not actively. Not with intention.

So. That's what I'm going to work on. Investigating flow, what it looks like to me, what my relationship with it is, what I want that relationship to be.

Incoming brainstorming session.....

Letting go is scary.
Is the rock keeping me safe? Blocking my view of what's ahead?
Am I stuck or clinging? Since it's my image in my head, I imagine they're one and the same.
What exactly is passing me by? Life? Opportunity? People? What is the stream in my vision?
How did I get here?
Am I really a leaf? Can I change the image to be a seed? That has more potential.
What's next?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home