dajamou

Where's the village?

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

What does this mean?

During playtime with the dajamou, we went from being chased around the house by monsters to playing "Family" in which I was the baby and she put me to bed. Then she told me to wake up and I was a grownup and my parents were dead. Then all my friends came to give me hugs and kisses, and then she pretended to be my favorite friend who gave me three hugs and kisses. And then she said she was my true love and we had to get married. But she had been married before and had a sweetie but she said her sweetie died. I said I was sorry but she said she didn't like the sweetie anyway because she grabbed and hit a lot. Which was weird but whatever. So we started getting dressed for the wedding, and she took off her pajamas and diaper (finally) and put on her red velvet dress-up dress. And I wore a hat. And we walked across the living room and sang "dun dun da-dun" (That's her title for the wedding processional song) and I said some things about loving and honoring and cherishing. Then I tried to get all child psychology on her, and address the underlying issue that came up when she said she didn't like her sweetie who died. I said stuff like "Even when we're mad I'll love you. Even when we're sad I'll love you. Even when we're disappointed I'll love you." Stuff like that. Then it was her turn and she didn't know what to say. I said "Just make stuff up about loving me forever and stuff." And here's what she said.

"I'll marry her for 30 years, and then we'll have a kid, and I'll ship him off with me to Antarctica. Amen."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home