dajamou

Where's the village?

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The Irony!

1. I used to scoff, scoff, scoff at people who went on the Atkins diet. All protein, no carbs? Sounds unbalanced and unhealthy to me. But, lo and behold, I'm pre-diabetic, and my Doc says "More protein! Less carbs!" So here I am, eating my words. So to speak.

2. I like being with people. In some ways you could say I need to be with people. One of the fundamental things that makes me happy is teamwork, being a part of things, saying "I was there when that memory was made." But at the same time, I'm terrified of what people are thinking about me. So I avoid being with people.

3. My brother in law roasts his own coffee beans. Last October he sent a small bag of them to us as a gift. How could i resist? After 4 years of being mostly caffeine-free, I jumped back on the bandwagon, and MAN was it good. Three days later, I discover my little adrenaline problem. And one of the dietary changes recommended? No caffeine.

None of these are major, earth-shattering discoveries or things that Alanis Morrisette would write a song about. But all those little things tend to add up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home