dajamou

Where's the village?

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Social Darwinism? Social moronism, more like.

Looking back, it appears that so many of my most difficult memories have to do with the theme of when I bump into the structures of socially acceptable/unacceptable behavior. Like when my pants ripped in the 5th grade, and everyone laughed at me. Again in the 5th grade, when I didn't know how to ride a bike and spent the entire Special Day Bike Outing riding in the toddler seat on the back of my teacher's bike. Or, in the 6th grade, when the cutest boy in class started moaning "I love you! I love you!" over and over to me on the bus, and professed his undying devotion for the next several months, as a joke to amuse his friends. Or when I told the most popular girl in 3rd grade, in front of everyone, that I couldn't come to her party and she boxed my ears and said, "Good."

Holy crap. I never thought about it this way, but after reading the paragraph above, I must come to the conclusion that grade school? SUCKED.

Hm. I am suddenly afraid for the dajamou.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home