dajamou

Where's the village?

Friday, February 09, 2007

WTF

I just found out that one of my dearest friends in the world has leukemia and I'm having some trouble dealing with it. I want to be a help and support to her but I don't know even where to start. This is totally out of the blue and of course my culturally trained gut reaction is to hear that "L" word and immediately feel like she's already gone, which she totally is NOT, she's of course going to fight it but I worry about her, and her two boys, and them living with their dad instead of her because he has anger issues, and I don't want it to be about me and my feelings and my reactions but I think it's natural to have some self-reflection when you find out that someone's life is suddenly threatened like that, and I don't want to thrust my help on her if she really wants this to just be a time for her to be close to her family, but she has a history of not asking for help even when she could use it so I don't know what to do.

I don't know what I'm saying but if there's any random goodwill floating around out there in the blogosphere I'd really appreciate some of it being pointed in the Cincinnati direction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home