dajamou

Where's the village?

Friday, February 03, 2012

The symmetry, the surety

How long has it been since I bought the Dance of Shiva CD from Havi? Months and months at least. I have never stuck with an exercise program this long. And I don't even think of it as exercise most of the time, even though it really can be. But I think the reason I have kept with it, or one of them, is the numbers and the patterns. Not the patterns of behavior that it reveals, but the patterns within the movements. The mathematical beauty of it. The symmetry.

Maybe also because I really don't think of it as exercise most of the time. Hmm.

1 Comments:

At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm a Shiva Nata teacher in Pennsylvania - Gettysburg to be exact. I sometimes try to organize Shiva Nata gatherings, and I'd love to have you on my list. You can contact me through my website, http://kalinata.net. Also, there is a Shiva Nata teacher in Pittsburg, you can find her at http://www.chaoslaughs.com/. Blessings!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home