dajamou

Where's the village?

Monday, November 19, 2007

It's a whole new world

The dajamou announced upon getting home from preschool that she wanted to take our dog for a walk. Which doesn't sound that interesting until you understand that we have a 95 pound Akita for a dog. He's a big wuss and lets her get away with a lot, but he still weighs 3 times as much as she does.

I let her do it anyway, and I've been occasionally going to the door and watching the shenanigans. There's a lot of tangled leashes and legs, a lot of tugs when he wants to stop and sniff and she wants to keep meandering, and at one point she came in (without him, I might add, which is alarming) and said that he kept running off down the hill and our neighbor had to go fetch him twice. Just now I heard hollering through the storm door, and when I got to the door to see if she needed me, she was trying to get him to sit down. "Sit! SIT! Siiiiiit.....Sit!" Vacillating back and forth between the authoritative and the cajoling.

I'm not too worried about him getting cranky with her or anything like that. My biggest concern is if he sees a squirrel and goes dashing off after it while her hand is stuck in the loop handle. But I figure if today's walk goes well, I might have the beginnings of a daily chore that could translate into a weekly allowance, which could potentially lead to more chores like CLEANING UP THE HORRIBLE DISGUSTING FILTHY PLAYROOM.

But the dajamou has a history of noticing these ploys of mine and nipping them in the bud. I either need to get more sneaky and manipulative or just lay down the law.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home