dajamou

Where's the village?

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Books

I used to scoff at those people who had, like, 4 or 5 books they were reading all at the same time. Hah! I would scoff. That will never happen to me! I start a book, I finish a book! Hah!

And yet, I just did a whole-house inventory of the books I'm reading. That's right. Books. I have not 3 or 4 or even 5, but SIX FREAKING BOOKS going right now.

Fortunately, I have an idea as to how this happened. See, I'll be reading one book in one room, and get distracted or called away, or whatever. Then when it's time for me to veg out with a book again, I'm in a different room and it seems like too much effort to go looking for that first book, because I can't remember where I was last when I was reading it, and searching the entire house will not only use up a bunch of energy (which, remember, reading is supposed to be a relaxing thing), but also will take me around and show me all the chores I haven't done and that I'm avoiding so I can read my book. Who the heck wants that?! So, I pick up another one. And pretty soon I have a book for almost every spot in the house where I might be doing some reading. I blame it on being lazy, forgetful, absent-minded, and flighty. And I blame that on the dajamou. But I probably shouldn't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home