dajamou

Where's the village?

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Twisting, twisting, in the wind

Right now, I can't remember if that was from the Violent Femmes or They Might Be Giants.

But no! That's not the point. The point is that I am hopelessly embroiled in my new fave blog, I Blame the Patriarchy. Oh, I knew it was out there. My sister reads it; she loves to tell me about it. But I resisted for a while, partly because I have too many blogs to read already, and partly because I was leery of reading yet another blanket-statement, angry-with-the-world kind of writer. But Twisty! Ah, Twisty. You make my heart sing even as you break it. You are a mistress of the art of commentary.

I mean, who wouldn't love someone who can wax erudite on all kinds of patriarchy-blaming, bullshit-disdaining, crazy-making topics of interest in the world today...and then end a post with "but you know, language means stuff."

That is my kinda writing, boys and girls.

2 Comments:

At 1:31 AM, Blogger palinode said...

That's from They Might Be Giants. Possibly from the Flood album.

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger dajamama said...

I bow in gratitude to the greater knowledge of the Palinode.

(Which for some reason makes me think of "The Chad" from Charlie's Angels. No offense.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home