dajamou

Where's the village?

Monday, November 20, 2006

More words to resurrect

Bobita wrote a wonderfully thoughtful post on the responsibility of mothers to "live the change" in attitudes towards body image, both for themselves and for their daughters. I wholeheartedly support this kind of disussion and dialogue among women everywhere. But what tickled me most was in her invitation for comments at the end of the post, where she said "DO NOT VEX ME."

Vex. What a lovely, succinct, almost onomatopoeic word. I am going to try and use it at least once a day from now on. Considering I have a four-year-old daughter and a nine-year-old dog, I imagine it won't be hard to find appropriate applications for it.

1 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Blogger joyce said...

Bobita is amazing with writing thoughtful posts. such a thinker, that one. vexing, is it not?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home