dajamou

Where's the village?

Saturday, September 30, 2006

What do YOU dream about?

For some reason, reading this post on Evany's blog reminded me of a dream I had early this morning, right before my head cold woke me up.

I was in one of those Extreme Makeover: Home Edition houses, and it was a big party where everyone was going around looking at the stuff and going "Ah! Oh! Wow! This is soooo cool!" And I went through a door at the bottom of a spiral staircase and there was this super cool pub! In the makeover house! With a nifty bar and muted but homey lighting and lots of dark wood and it was did I mention cool? So then I'm sitting in a seat that's kind of like a church pew I think, and the love of my life (at least he was in my dream, I don't think it's anyone I've met before in the waking world) was dressed up as either Superman or Spiderman, and he was telling me that he had to leave me for something or other.* I remember feeling total despair about it, not anger or anything, just like the bottom fell out of my heart. The dream fast-forwarded to a minute later and he was at the exit to the pub, looking back at me (his mask was off and he had John Lennon glasses on), and then the crowd swirled and he was gone. And this, this was the most vivid part: My right hand slowly came up to my face, to shakingly cover my eyes, and I was weeping and wailing on the inside but it hurt so much that I couldn't cry.

And then I woke up and my sinuses were draining down the back of my throat, and my back was spasming from the tension of not being able to breathe well all night (I think I have a little bit of a phobia about that) and I totally forgot about it. Until now.








*Maybe? Maybe! He had to go be a superhero and couldn't let his arch-nemesis know there was anyone close to him. Yeah. That's it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home