dajamou

Where's the village?

Monday, August 07, 2006

It's my blog and I'll whine if I want to

OK, here's the deal. I need to vent about all the things that are bugging me at the moment. If I don't, I'm going to S.N.A.P. and start running around the house crying and throwing everything in a garbage bag. Or possibly out the window.

My house is a wreck and I don't know where to start. My daughter is a TV junkie. I have one bra and it's falling apart and I'm afraid to go bra shopping, even after being inspired by Mrs. Kennedy. I'm getting fat but I'm too discouraged to exercise. My contacts don't work anymore and I keep forgetting to find a new eye doctor. Ants keep coming in my house and crawling around on my counters, which is even more gross to me than the evidence that the mice left behind. I miss my sister. I keep letting people down.

Almost all of these problems are easily rectified. But I'm in the grips of a pretty mean depression right now so I have almost no forward momentum. It's about all I can do to feed the dajamou and take a shower each day.

On the bright side, I have birthday gift certificates from big Burrito, Red Robin, and Eat 'n Park. Which means very little cooking this week. Which means less dishes, which means a slight reduction in the sense of being overwhelmed.

The extra sad part? I can't even drown my sorrows in chocolate anymore.

2 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Blogger joyce said...

Isn't it sad that your one comment is that pathetic, self indulgent piece of crap?! I"M SO SORRY! I just stumbled upon your blog and found EAXACTLY what I was looking for-- honesty, raw truth, life as you know it.
You have been added to my favorites.

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger dajamama said...

Wow, how flattering! Thank you for the pick-me-up. :)

I'm still new to all this and not yet ready to figure out how to avoid all the spam commenting. I just wanted some place where I could come in quickly and jot down my thoughts. So I haven't got round to the coding and designing and all that rot.

Anyhoo, thanks for the kind thought.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home