dajamou

Where's the village?

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Birthday Party Blues.

Dajamou's birthday party was today. It went well but now I'm exhausted. Once again I tried to do too much (or, at least, put off the if-I'm-honest-not-very-involved to do list until too late).

But it's over. My mother-in-law, Nana B, was a true godsend, helping out wherever I seemed to be dropping the ball. And we got high off hypoxia together while blowing up balloons last night. Plus, the is the Superhero of Post-Party Cleanup. I was stumbling around trying to figure out where to put all the dajamou's new toys. I know, duh, in the play room, but for some reason my mind was creating this huge drama about whether the head-band decorating kit should go in the play room or the craft area and things went downhill from there. And meanwhile, Nana B had gathered all the dishes, loaded the dishwasher, wiped down the counters, put away all the leftover food, bagged the wrapping paper garbage, and probably composed a haiku on the sorry state of my housekeeping.

That last is mere snarkiness on my part. Nana B is a paragon of helpfulness and has never criticized me in any way. I'm just tired and feeling sensitive about the constant chaos here.

I am truly beginning to ramble and I need to be done.

I'm still pissed that my Blogger problems prevented me from posting on Thursday. Hrmph.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home