dajamou

Where's the village?

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Dajamou to the rescue.

I have a drop-down menu in my Safari bookmarks bar, just for blogs I read. (Let's not even get into the fact that I don't do RSS feeds or any of that other hi-tech optimization stuff. I'm comfortable with where I am, thank you.) And tucked in there, between Dad Gone Mad and Dooce, is this blog. Not out of any narcissistic desire to read what I've written, because usually it makes me want to sink through the floor. It's there so that I can remember that I have this blog thing and I'm supposed to be actually writing in it. The problem is that, due to its alphabetical placement (yes, I'm a nut-case who alphabetizes her blogs) between two of the funniest blogs EVER, I get this total inferiority complex every time my little arrow cursor stumbles across the "dajamou" title in the menu. So I wince a little and skip it most of the time, thinking I'll write something later.

Then the dajamou (the real kid, not the blog) comes along with one of her gems of cuteness, and I'm saved from actually having to think of anything creative.

To set the scene: She was having a snack of frozen fruit, and she was asking me how to make grapes, pineapples, peaches and such. And I was telling her that they grew on vines and trees and such. Then she asked me how to make water. We had talked before about water getting treated and cleaned before it goes in the pipes for us to drink; but this was all dajamou:

I know how you make water! First you check it to make sure there's no poop or pee in it. Then you add a little bit of salt to make it more sweeter. But you can't really taste it because it's all mixed in. It's VERY important to mix it all up. And then you add lemon to it to make it stronger for grownups.

And then it goes in the pipes. And one pipe goes into outer space, and one pipe goes to airports, and one pipe goes to the cities, and one goes to all the houses!

And then there's a pipe that goes around and around the world and it carries asphalt.

(There was more here that I was unable to transcribe, about the asphalt not being real asphalt but actually an asphalt drink that has chocolate and bread in it.)

And that's how you make water pies!

And then you put it in the oven, and when the timer beeps and it cools, it's READY TO EAT!

Except if it's melted you can drink it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home